Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Avocado Salsa

I got this recipe years ago from Taste of Home I believe. I make it just about every time we have a big get-together. I made it this past weekend for our baby shower/bbq and it was a hit like always. Many of my friends requested that I share the recipe, so here it is!
-fyi, you want to make this a day ahead of time, the longer the flavors can marinate togther, the better

you need:
1-2/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
5 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 medium ripe avocados, peeled
Tortilla chips

In a large bowl, combine corn, olives, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Just before serving, chop avocados and stir into salsa. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 7 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment