Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sweet Rolls


In my opinion, bread baking is the best smell ever. I don't use air fresheners, candles, etc. I bake bread.
I got this recipe online a long time ago. Maybe from allrecipes.com, maybe Taste of Home, I don't remember. It has become a staple in my kitchen though.
The recipe makes about 16 rolls and they stay good for a few days. Usually, the day after I make them, I split them open and place a slice of provolone cheese and ham in the center and nuke it in the microwave. Perfect lunch.

You need:

1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)                                                    

1/3 cup butter, softened         
                
                
                

In a large bowl, or bowl of your electric mixer, combine the water and milk, then stir in the sugar until it dissolves, then stir in the yeast. Once yeast starts to foam, mix in the salt, butter and egg. Then, add the flour a half cup at a time, continuously stirring.
Cover and let rise for about 45 minutes in the bowl.
Punch the dough down and divide into 16 pieces. Form your rolls and let rise again, for about 45 minutes again.Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment