Monday, January 13, 2014

Stuffed Jalepenos


I didn't reinvent the wheel or anything with these, I'm sure everyone has had them before, but I thought I'd share the way I make them. I've tried several ways. I've tried slitting them open and stuffing them whole, I've tried all kinds of cheeses, different peppers etc. I've done them on the grill and in the oven, the grill gets way too messy! These are the ones I always fall back on though. Everyone just loves them!

You'll need:
(this makes 24)
12 jalepenos
8 mozzarella string cheese sticks (you can use shredded mozzarella if you prefer)
8 oz. cream cheese
24 slices of bacon


Rinse all the jalepenos. Slice them in half the long way, and clean out the seeds and membrane. Be careful not to use your fingers to do this, you'll be burning all day, if not all weekend. I use a pairing knife but gloves would work too. The more membrane left, the spicier your pepper. (I like them with a little punch)


Cut each string cheese stick into 3 pieces and put one piece into each pepper halve.


Scoop a spoonful of cream cheese into each pepper halve after the mozzarella, wrap with a slice of bacon and set on a foil-lined cookie sheet. 
Bake at 425 for approx 20-25 min, just until bacon begins to crisp.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment