Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Taco Bake/Mexican Lasagna/Enchilada Casserole....whatever you want to call it


So I was playing around on different food sites the other day and I kept coming across these Mexican casseroles. I took a few things from different ones and put this dish together last night. It was sooooo good, and spicy...I love spicy.

You will need 1.5 lb. ground beef
1 small can red enchilada sauce
4 cups shredded cheese, I used a Kraft mexican blend
1 packet of McCormick taco seasoning
1 small can diced green chillies
3/4 cup of your favorite salsa, I used a medium heat Pace
1 cup sour cream
1 small onion, chopped
12 soft taco size flour tortillas
salt

Preheat the oven to 350.
Start cooking your ground beef, and drain off any excess fat. Add your onion and taco seasoning. Then add your 3/4 cup of salsa.

In a bowl, mix together the sour cream and diced green chillies.

Pour a little of your enchilada sauce (about a half cup) into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Lay 4 tortillas over sauce. (I cut my tortillas in half because I was using a smaller dish).



Now take 1/3 of your beef mix and layer on top of the tortillas, then 1 cup of the cheese

And then you'll just kind of "dollop" 1/3 of your sour cream mix and some enchilada sauce over the top of the cheese.

Somewhere in mine, my layers got mixed up while I was trying to keep Toots entertained...


mmmmm, tortillas

But after the sour cream mix, you want to start with tortillas again, then beef, cheese, sour cream, and then one more time.  Top with more enchilada sauce (about a cup) and then the last cup of cheese.


Bake uncovered for 45 min, cool 10 min before cutting, enjoy the "fiesta"!

3 comments:

  1. That looks good. Got to love all that cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love me some cheese, who doesn't!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this and the whole pan was gone FAST!!! Thank you for making my family happy with a great easy dinner!

    ReplyDelete