Sunday, July 31, 2011

Scalloped Potatoes with Chicken Sausage


My mom makes this pretty often and my family just loves it. I had to try it out. Glad I did, it's delicious!

You need:
1 pd. seasoned chicken sausage, sliced (I used spinach & mozzarella chicken sausage links)
6 potatoes, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
3 tbsp flour
2 tbsp butter
1 2/3 cup boiling milk
'about' 2 tsp sat
pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 350.

In a 2 qt casserole dish, place half the butter into the bottom. Spread 1/3 of the potatoes over the butter.
Over, the potatoes, sprinkle 1 tbsp of flour, 1/3 of the onion, and salt.

Pour 1/3 of the milk over..

Add 1/3 of the sausage, and repeat layers twice more. Finish with a tbsp of butter "dotted" on the top.

Cover with foil and bake 30 min. Remove foil and continue baking for 60 more min. Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment