Thursday, August 4, 2011

Baked Omelet


I love Omelets. I love that you can pretty much throw anything into one. And I love "baking" omelets. They actually reheat really well, so you can make a 9x13 size dish up, and eat omelets for breakfast all week long. Well, maybe not a week, but a couple days anyway. This one is pretty simple. I used sausage, bell pepper, onion, and cheese, topped off with a little avocado. But switch it up, use bacon, ham, chicken, crab...whatever floats your boat.

You need:
8 eggs
1/2 cup half & half
1/4 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced bell pepper, green or red
1/2 pound ground country sausage
1 cup shredded cheese. I used a colby/jack combo
salt and pepper to taste
optional-avocado

Brown your sausage in a skilet, over med heat.


Beat the eggs with the half & half for about 4 min, til bubbly


Add your peppers, onion, sausage and cheese to the eggs, fold together



Pour into a greased 9 in dish


Bake at 400 for 30 min. Top with sliced avocado. Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. I make something similar to this about once a month. I put eggs cheese asparagus potatoes milk and I think thats it. It reheats well too because I usually make way to much haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asparagus and potatoes huh? Sounds good, I'll have to try it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete