Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chocolate Covered Brownie Bars


So these were supposed to be "chocolate dipped brownies", but I guess I cut them too big because I couldn't dip them into the chocolate and keep them in one piece. SO, I poured the chocolate over them instead. Same great taste, and easier to pick up and eat I think too.

You can use a box brownie mix, or use my "better-than-any-box" brownie recipe.
For the sauce:
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp. shortening

Prepare your brownies. Cool completely, then put them into the freezer for 45 min. Don't forget about them! You don't want them to totally freeze.
After removing them from the freezer, cut them into bars. I made like 3 inch bars, but if you want to 'dip' them, stick with 2x1 inch size bars.



In a double boiler, or in a rigged up double broiler like mine, melt your choco chips and shortening




Now, if you've cut your bars small enough to handle well, you can dip them into the chocolate sauce, and then set them on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. If you decided to have bigger bars, you want to take a small ladle and pour sauce over each bar (bars should be on wax paper)

Let the bars sit for a while before moving them from the paper.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment